Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

when is it ok to lie?

I want to say never. I personally would rather people tell me the truth because I don't like hurting people and sometimes I do it without even realizing. Whenever there's drama in my life, it's usually because someone hasn't spoken up about something. I feel like I gotta quote Taylor Swift here when I say "SPEAK NOW."
TSwizzle-- "Real life is a funny thing, you know. In real life, saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial. So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lately what I've begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything."
I think letting that fear of saying what you want to say just makes life harder. I'm not saying that I follow my own advice, but I start thinking about it when there's something I really want to say but don't know if I should say it. Recently, I went out on a limb and asked someone to my house for dinner. That sounds really lame, but I'm pretty antisocial around new people and that was big for me. Especially because I kind of have a crush on him. So, I was pretty proud of myself for the rest of the day even though he said he had other plans. I felt like a BAMF and at least I knew that I didn't let the chance go by me.
Speaking of going out on a limb, I'm going to quote the wise and philosophical Joshua Ottoson when I say "Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is."
So, get your fruit. Say what's on your mind. Don't lie and cover it up. Be honest. I'll work on it if you do.

Ask me anything. I dare you.

1 comment:

  1. I totally started doing this recently too, because I am VERY anti-social when it comes to new people.

    And I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to fling your futile fodder upon my professions.