Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What has been the best period of your life so far?

When I read this, I immediately assumed you were talking about my menstrual period for some reason and I was like "My second period ever in seventh grade that only lasted half a day and didn't come back for another six months."

Anyway, period of life as in "stage," "phase," "era," "age," "epoch." I'm not exactly sure. I think I would say right now. Early childhood was messed up by divorce, switching houses, switching schools, switching cities. Junior High and beginning of high school was marked by severe depression. Rest of high school was downed by an absence of me from God and some really... shitty events/people. Freshman year of college was hurt by heartbreak.

And now... now I'm... free of all that. For the most part. There's dealing with that past and not letting it hurt who I am now, but accepting it as part of who I am now. Now there's happiness and true friends and an empty road ahead of me. Now there's pages to be written and adventures to be had and music to hear and concerts to see. There's nothing but me holding me back and I'm not going to let myself do that.

Ask me anything. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to fling your futile fodder upon my professions.