Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

To Write Love.

TWLOHA is an organization I have loved and cherished since I first stumbled upon it my senior year in high school. As a former "cutter," seeing so many people come together for something most people try to ignore brings me to tears every time I check in on the group to see what they're up to. To me, their work is beautiful.

Over one year ago, I got a tattoo on my left wrist. It says "Love" with a little heart coming off the "e." It covers the same wrist I used to cut for almost three years. I cannot begin to describe everything this tattoo represents. It is a small token of my appreciation for the group who is changing lives daily. It is a reminder for me to write love on myself, not the bloody lines of hate. It is a goal I have set for myself, to write love on the arms and hearts of others. It is an account of those I have loved, love, and will love. It is a symbol of God, the creator and very essence of love. It is a mark of hope. It is my life story.

I just want to say that cutting, self-injury, depression, suicide, helplessness, and hurt are very real. They are not something to be ignored. If someone you know is hurting, reach out to them before there's no one to reach out to. Save. Give hope. Write love on their arms.





It's been almost four years since my last cut. There are some days where love is overwhelming. And there are some days where the struggle is still intense.

But I am glad to be here any day.


www.twloha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to fling your futile fodder upon my professions.